With the largest wave of urbanization in history in the last decade, nearly half of the world’s population lives in cities. This is projected to increase further with a major growth in Africa and Asia. At present approximately 340 million Indian’s live in nearly 3700 towns and cities spread across the country. This is 30% of the population in contrast to only 60million (15%) lived in urban areas in 1947. In the past five decades, India’s population has grown two and a half times, however urban India has grown by nearly five times. This has created great pressures on the cities and the biggest challenge of “Making Cities Work”. Since the past ten years Municipalika has been instrumental in bringing out these challenges and possible solutions for managing cities in a better way.
According to latest reports by ministry of Urban Development, India needs an investment of Rs 39.2 trillion in infrastructure over the next 20 years. In the annual budget Rs 12.14 trillion is allocated to be spent on infrastructure for 2011-2012. Many initiatives are being undertaken by Central, State and Local/City Governments for addressing the urban challenges, the biggest and most ambitious being the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) of the Government of India, which aims at creating economically productive, efficient, equitable, inclusive, sustainable and responsive cities.
Municipalika provides a platform to take stock of the progress, to assess the possibilities and problems. And map future strategies and solutions.
- Municipal Commissioners and City Managers
- Private Segment/Industry Players
- Industry Professionals/Consultants
- Procurers of Stores, Supplies and Disposal Department
- Consultants to Municipal Corporations
- Traffic and Road Department
- Public Administrators & Civil Servants
- Public Works Department
- Public Health Engineering Department
- Public Utility Providers
- Police, Civil Defence & Public Safety Departments like Fire, Health Services etc.
- Public Services Telecommunications & IT Professionals
- Providers of Municipal and Urban Services
- Municipal & Government Contractors and Suppliers
- Development Banks and Financial Institutions
- Public and Private Security Agencies
- Central Water Commission, Central Ground Water Authority, Municipal Water Authorities
- Industrial Water and Waste Water Consultants, Experts
- Town Planners, Architects, Engineers and Interior Designers
- Structural and Civil Engineers
- Housing & Building Department
- Professionals from the Building Industry
- Real Estate & Township Developers & Builders
- Construction & Infrastructure Developers
- Building Owners' Associations & Housing Societies
- Estate and Facility Managers
- Home - Owners & Buyers
- Resident Welfare Associations
- Housing Co-operative Societies
- Elected Office Bearers